Tomorrow I will be attending Morecambe's Steampunk Festival

I have arrived in Morecambe, Lancashire, England.  They are perparing the old railway station, called the Platform, in readiness for the Steampunk Festival.  This is their third year and each evening there will be a Steampunk Ball!


For those of you who don't know, Morecambe is the birthplace of a very famous British comedian, Eric Morecambe who took his last name from this town.  His original name was Bartholomew!  He was one half of a duo known as Morecambe and Wise, Ernie Wise was the straight guy which made Eric Morecambe the funny guy.  They had a huge following in the UK.  One Christmas they pulled in over 17 million viewers to their show in the 60's!  This was unheard of at that time!  So it was my duty to make sure I am seen with this icon of British comedy!


Tomorrow I will be attending this festival and reporting on all the activities and events that will be taking place and posting some pictures here....I hope you will be able to join me in this adventure?!!

Labels: , , , ,